Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Ride Begins!

I can not believe we are already well into January! In just over a week I will be turning 22. In just under four months, I will be graduating from college. And less than a week after that, I will be heading out on one of the greatest adventures of my life! I am so excited about bike and build. I encourage you to learn more about the program and the affordable housing crisis by visiting the links on the side of my blog!

I can not think of anything better than getting up in the morning and knowing that I will be spending the day promoting a meaningful cause and pushing myself and my limits so I can be the best person I can be.

I am so enthusiastic in fact, that I often take my new cycling shoes out of my closet and put them on just so I can look at them! The loud clip clop of the soles on tile sounds just like high heels striding across my bedroom. However the hardcore factor peaks when I see my reflection in the mirror. Ankles protruding from teal crank-style adjustment straps (like snow skis), I am ready to take on the road. That is, as soon as I learn how to snap them in and out of my bike pedals quickly. Lets put it this way, imagine trying to get off a bike with your shoes tied. That is pretty much what I imagine the incident would look like if I tried getting off my bike wearing my cycling shoes right now.

The realness of the upcoming summer dropped into place as I sent several dozen fund raising letters careening down the shiny slide of metal in the post office mailbox. It further solidified itself the moment I chose "publish event" for my "Help Allison Bike Across the Country for a Great Cause!" event on Facebook. I felt the release of the brakes, and the pedals of my future began reeling. Lets hope my final semester doesn't fly by too fast because I expect it to be one of the best yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment